For us, the key is getting to know you, your story, and your interests. We want to help you live fully every day by enjoying the hobbies you’ve always had, supporting you as you adjust to life in your new home, and gain new experiences.
Our daily programme span five different domains: physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual. We know first-hand how programmes like these help older people connect, pursue their interests and stay engaged. Programmes are designed to accommodate all levels of ability.
We employ an Activities Co-ordinator who supports residents pursue their own interests and encourages them to enjoy group activities such as:
- Bingo, Dominoes and weekly quizzes.
- Arts and Crafts.
- Keep fit / gentle exercise.
- Guest speakers and entertainers.
- Chalet visit to South bay. (Yearly)
- Children’s visits from local nurseries.
- Nail manicures.
- Hairdressers and Chiropodist home visits.
- Garden centre visit and shopping trips.
- Visits to places of local interest.
- In-house shopping.
- An Ecumenical service is held every Wednesday morning.
All our activities are funded by our ‘resident fund’. We hold a number of fundraising activities throughout the year and welcome any donations.